Knoll Inc. Textiles Customer Specialist in Seattle, Washington
Textiles Customer Specialist
Tracking Code 1330-056
Job Description Textiles Customer Specialist
This role is customer focused and is critical to executing the day-to-day business operations of Knoll Textiles. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure a successful sales process and customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support of our sales representatives, our internal and external clients, and our customers. Responsibilities are to follow the process flow of pre-sale, sale, upsell and post-sale activities, managing projects through bid and to purchase order as well as close of the sale. Provide additional support to peers as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered):
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; BS/BA in Business, Design or related field preferred.
• 2-4 years in a customer service or sales support type of position.
• Proficient with Outlook MS Office Suite.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Related experience with Oracle EBS and CRM Software is preferred.
• Demonstrated passion to work in a fast paced, high demand customer service environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills with the ability to ask the right questions.
• Proven ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability, seeing a task or an issue through until resolution.
Pre-sale support activities:
• Pulls fabric selections to meet criteria requested by customers, specifiers, dealers or designers.
• Problem solves by pulling alternates, checking and reserving stock as necessary, or checking approvals on furniture.
• Sends messenger samples locally or order samples from fulfillment center.
• Checks stock and provides pricing details, fabric and freight quotes, specification and cleaning information.
• Obtains project name, specifier, projected install date and other pertinent information to complete and process order.
• Records notes for all activities; sample orders, walk-in clients, emails, phone calls for forecast in the CRM system to maintain complete and accurate records.
• Maintains correct client info in database
• Follows up on samples sent, stock held, quotes and mock-ups.
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with sales reps to discuss business, travel plans, bids, etc.
• If you are located in a Knoll Showroom, additional duties may include assisting walk-in customers as well as Knoll Office and Studio partners.
• May assist in the sales process as an inside seller and have a general understanding of up sell categories & new introductions.
• Orders CFAs (samples for approval) if required and confirms outcome of clients review for approval.
• Acts as primary contact for customer and sales representative upon receipt of order.
Job Description Textiles Customer Specialist
• Receives, acknowledges, reviews, determines freight method and computes freight charges, duty and custom charges (if applicable) for all orders.
• Enters orders in EBS and works with scheduling to confirm ship dates.
• Determines which Sales Representative receives commission for the order by identifying the specifier.
• Works with the Purchasers to request payment and add payments to the orders.
• Makes any changes or updates to the customers’ orders which can include working with the warehouse to make the changes.
• Interacts with Purchasing Department to expedite and gather lead time information for customers’ orders.
• Focuses on providing customers and sales representatives with clear, precise, easy to understand information and regular status updates.
• Answers calls, returns voicemails and emails in a timely manner.
• Actively engages with the customers in solving problems such as pricing issues, fabric availability and re-selection, communicating credit requirements, establishing new accounts, collecting credit applications, sales tax exemption forms, resale certificates and financial statements.
• Follows up on orders requiring CFA approvals and payments that are needed to release orders for shipment.
• Discusses order details and provides information to Sales Representatives regarding status, technical information, problems, inventory, credit issues, returns, delivery schedules regarding their customers' orders.
• Gathers and completes initial information on warranty issues to turn over to Sales rep or technical group
• Handles any claim orders for warranty issues.
• Monitors booking reports for accurate specifier information.
• Closes opportunities in database for any cut orders.
• Handles unassigned bookings report and takes steps to reconcile it quarterly.
Key process metrics:
• Respond to email within 1 business day
• Enter orders with basic information within 1 business day to allow visibility to Sales.
• Finalize booking of order within 1 business day.
• Answer all inbound calls upon receipt. Return voicemails by end of business day.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.